Though an orthodontist can enhance a smile at any age, there is an optimal time to begin treatment. The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that the initial orthodontic evaluation should occur at the first sign of orthodontic problems or no later than age 7. At this early age, orthodontic treatment may not be necessary, but vigilant examination can anticipate the most advantageous time to begin treatment.
Early treatment provides both timely detection of problems and greater opportunity for more effective treatment. Prudent intervention guides growth and development of the jaws, preventing serious problems later. When orthodontic intervention is not necessary, we will continue to carefully monitor the dentofacial growth and development until treatment is ready.
Some of the advantages of early treatment are:
* Creating space for crowded, erupting teeth
* Creating facial symmetry through influencing jaw growth
* Reducing the risk of trauma to protruding front teeth
* Preserving space for unerupted teeth
* Reducing the need for tooth removal
512 W Badillo St.
Covina, CA 91722
22284 Barton Rd.
Grand Terrace, CA 92313